Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Dell Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After installing the last Windows 10 version 1903 update my Hp Deskjet will not print in color and my printing preferences/properties is set to print in color.  It prints in black and white but not in color.   We downloaded the most current driver for the HP Desket 3752 printer.   Is anyone else having this problem?  Thanks, Laurie

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Make sure that all the 1903 updates have been applied.

Can you print a copy in color?

If yes, then I recommend you delete the driver at root level and retry, follow the steps below: 
Search for and open Programs and features 
Select your HP Printer 
Select Uninstall 
Search for and open Devices and printers 
In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 
Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 
Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. 
Click on the "Drivers" tab 
Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
Select Ok 
Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
Close Devices and Printers 
Reboot your computer.
Then install the full feature software available on the Official HP website: Click here to find it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

I'm able to make a copy in color so then I followed your instructions step by step and then after I rebooted my pc I was able to print in color one time and than it stopped and now I can't print in color again.  But I can make a copy in color.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks, Laurie

HP Recommended

One last thing to check, is the firmware up to date on the printer latest is 1828A.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

My firmware is up to date 1828A.

HP Recommended

My firmware is up to date 1828A.

HP Recommended

Not knowing anything about your computer I would check the Windows system files & also check for any problems in the Device Manager.

If your warranty is still valid give HP support a try.

HP Recommended

Well just for the heck of it I decided to remove the printer and re-add it and now it's printing in color.  That is so strange because I have done that before and it didn't help.  So for now it is printing in color.  Thanks for your help/suggestions.  Laurie

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.