Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6500A-e-All-in-One Printer-E710a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This problem has happened before, but now I can't solve it: I printed a photo by changing the seize of the print into 10x15, photopaper, etc and placed photopaper in my printer, put the slide to that paper and that went well. But now a want to print 'normal' again and that goes wrong. After clicking on 'printing', first I sais 'letter' and 'normal', he says that the seize of my paper in the printer is wrong. I have tried many things, but nothing helps!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@InekeP 

User Guide

Sections

Load Media (Page 20)

and

Paper Mismatch (Page 235)

Excerpted:

Paper Mismatch

The paper size or type selected in the printer driver does not match the paper loaded in the printer.To solve this problem, try one of the following:Load the correct paper in the printer, and then press OK. For more information, see Load mediaPress the (Cancel) button on the product’s control panel, select a different paper size in the printer driver, and then print the document again.

Example

Check / Adjust / Retain the Paper at the Printer Panel

Open Printer Tray, add desired paper type / size

Close Tray

IF applicable for your printer:

On the printer control panel, Click Modify (wording varies), set the paper size and type, Click OK

NOTE:  If the size of the Paper Size is not in the Drop-down list, Select Custom

General Example - Set Preferences in printer software

Set the Preferences

Control Panel > icon view > Devices and Printers > Right-Click on your printer > Printing Preferences >

Tab Printing Shortcuts > Click / Highlight preferred shortcut > Click Apply > Click OK to exit

If the printer software supports the feature, change the settings as desired, then use “Save as” to create a Custom Shortcut.

OR

Windows key + S (search for) Printers and Scanners

Left-Click on (your) Printer > Manage >

Printing Preferences

Select a shortcut and / or set “preferred settings” for paper, source (tray), other settings

Optional (if / as available): Save As > enter a name for your custom shortcut

Click OK to save the preferences

Still need help?  Want more information?  Search for solutions for your setup...

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

HP Officejet 6500A e-All-in-One Printer series - E710

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I have done everything you recommanded, but Nothing helped me. I have even thew away The printer From my PC and have reinstalled iT. No result.

HP Recommended

@InekeP 

From your original post:

After clicking on 'printing', first I say 'letter' and 'normal', he says that the size of my paper in the printer is wrong. I have tried many things, but nothing helps!

"Letter" is not the same as size "A4", at least not here in the USA.

Setting the size to "Letter" may set the print size to 8.5x11 inches.

Not sure which software you are using to print - is "Normal" a reference to the margins (as found in Office Word)?

You may need to check / adjust the Paper Size in the program (software) you are using to submit the job to the printer.

For example, for Office Word:

Paper Size = A4

Margins = Normal

OR

The printer may need a "Reset".

Reference document for the suggestions previously offered and additional options (including the Reset):

'Paper Mismatch' Error (Windows)

Still need help?  Want more information?  Search for solutions...

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

HP Officejet 6500A e-All-in-One Printer series - E710

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for all your help, but nothing had given me The solvation. To make a copy with my printer: no problem. To scan with my printer: no problem. To print a photo(10cmx15cm), still no problem. For The last issue I have to change the size of The paper and The kind of paper in The menu of The PC, where I clicked on ‘printing’, because The normal things are always standing there ‘A4’size and normal paper. 

probably something with The sensor? But where is The sensor in The printer?

HP Recommended

@InekeP 

Edits - add Troubleshooting document

The document includes the printer Reset instructions.

If the printer is in some way mistaking the paper or not able to set the paper size, the Reset may help.

The printer (perhaps) has a media sensor that can detect HP photo paper.  

Places to change the paper type / size include:

• The printer control panel (on the printer itself) provides a chance to adjust the settings after having loaded paper into the tray.  Changing the settings in the Printer Control Panel are, in fact, likely necessary to ensure the printer hardware knows what size / kind of paper is in the tray.  Although the printer might be able to detect "photo paper" media, it may not know when you have changed the size of the paper.  (Some high-end commercial grade printers do have this ability.)
  • If the printer is on the network, using the Embedded Web Server (EWS), there are at least limited options to set / adjust some of the paper properties.
  • The printer software on the PC allows the adjustment of paper size and type.

For Example: 

Word > File > Print > Printer Properties

Settings > Devices and Printers > Right-Click on the printer > Preferences

Yes, it is possible there is suddenly something wrong with the printer.  That is how things that break end up broken:  Everything works and then one day, not-so-much.  Poof.  Broken.  It is unlikely there is anything wrong with the printer - it is certainly possible.

If I have anything useful to add / change / contribute, I will post back (or edit this post).

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@InekeP 

The document includes the printer Reset instructions.

If the printer is in some way mistaking the paper or not able to set the paper size, the Reset may help.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.