Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 8500a
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently got a new router- Netgear R6100, since installing i can no longer air print from any of my devices (all "I" devices)

ive gone thru all the wifi set ups on the printer and still no luck. Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PeterHeard

Thanks for the reply.

Please reset the printer as mentioned in the last post.

And make sure printer and the iOS device is connected to the same network subnet.

Let me know the outcome.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@PeterHeard

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet Pro 8500A printer. I understand that you are unable to print wirelessly from your apple devices and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• Are you getting any error message when you try to print from your apple devices?

Meanwhile:

• Set up the wireless connection again.
  • Make sure the printer is wirelessly connected to the same network subnet as your iOS device.
  • Make sure the printer is on and in a ready state. If the printer is in sleep mode (power light is dim), turn the printer on or press the power button to wake it.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding to my question.

I have done as you ask.

In answer to your question: the message i get says "the printer is busy"

options are to "cancel" or "retry"

HP Recommended

@PeterHeard

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your effort in doing all troubleshooting steps.

I understand the situation well.

Reset the print system.

• Click the Apple menu, then click System Preferences.
  • Depending on your version of OS X, click Print & FaxPrint & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.
  • Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, then click Reset printing system.
  • Click Reset in the confirmation window.
  • Enter the Administrator name and password, then click OK.
  • Wait for the printing system to reset. When complete, no printers should display in the list.
  • (Note: this will delete ALL of your printers!)

Select the plus sign to re-add it. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

Let me know how it goes.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you for your help, but you say "Apple menu". What are you talking about? On my phone/iPad? Where is the "Apple menu"?
HP Recommended

@PeterHeard

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

You would need a computer to perform above-mentioned steps.

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well without using a computer.

Perform the hard reset on the printer.

• Remove the power cable from the printer when it is turned on.
  • Remove all the cables connected to the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer for 30secs.
  • Connect the printer power cable directly to the wall outlet.
  • Turn on the printer.

Make sure the printer is wirelessly connected to the same network subnet as your iOS device.

Make sure the printer has the paper in the tray, and that ink or toner is not empty.

You can refer to this link for future use which explains about printing with apple AirPrint and FAQS.

Let me know how it goes.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Ok I want to be clear-
I do have a computer- a desktop pc to which the printer is connected.
I can use the computer to reset the printer or other method. Which way would you like me to proceed?
HP Recommended

@PeterHeard

Thanks for the reply.

Please reset the printer as mentioned in the last post.

And make sure printer and the iOS device is connected to the same network subnet.

Let me know the outcome.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
It worked!
You're awesome! Thanks
P
HP Recommended

@PeterHeard

Thanks for the reply.

Good to that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.