Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Wireless conection working on my Mac but no air print recognized on Iphone or IPAD.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi,

I assume the issue may be caused due to lack of Multicast support or improper configuration of your router, this need to be supported by your network to discover the device using Apple Bonjour which any Apple device relies on.

Please clarify your router brand and model to better understand what may cuase the problem.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Xfinity supplied device that is router and modem  in one unit   only other name i see is ARRIS on the back

HP Recommended

Hi,

I believe the issue appear due to router incompatibility wil Bonjour, I came accross several discussions about similar discussions about Bonjour issues with ARRIES routers (most of the discuttions listed as the Arris TG852 for the Xfinity supplied ARRIS router)

The specific discussion as example include posts by several users who reported that the problem was resolved as soon as a different router has been tried:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3681875?start=0&tstart=0

Bypass the router by usig the Wireless Direct feature and check if Airprint works then, it will let us know for sure if the problem being with the router:

1. Click the wireless icon on the printer.
  2. Click Settings.
  3. Select Wireless Direct and set the feature as enabled.
  4. From your iPad tap settings > Wifi and select the Wireless Direct SSID (will include Photosmart 7520 within its name)
  5. Allow 2-3 minutes to connect and try printing.

If the printer listed using this configuration I would suggest contacting the router service provider and check for any options within the router configuration or it may not support Multicasting as I suspect..

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
The exact router is Arris TG8626 Comcast is unable to help without additional charges. To resolve this issue they want $130 That is crazy. If I bypass per your suggestion, will I have problems printing from my iMac?
HP Recommended

I have  same problem with my HP 7520 with a router D LINK DSL2740 A1that I have already modified enabling multicast property.

Could I have suggestions on how to solve the problem?

thanks 

HP Recommended

HI ierpo1302,

I see that you're having problems getting airprint to work with your printer.  I would try the steps below.

1.  Unplug printer and router.

2.  Turn off iPad.

3.  After waiting for two minutes plug router back up.

4.  One minute after plugging router up plug the printer back up.

5.  Turn iPad on.

6.  Attempt to print.

Let me know how it goes.

HP Recommended

how to you connect your ipad & iphone to your HP7520 printer.  I can print from my computer, but not from my ipad or iphone

HP Recommended

Hey mariepouns,

I see you have a few iDevices that you would like to use to print with your Photosmart 7520.  The Photosmart 7520 will have to be connected to a router that supports bonjour and Multicast to be able to use the Apple AirPrint printing method.  For information about AirPrint please click here.

Are you trying to use AirPrint or ePrint/ePrint mobile app?  

As well, have you tried performing a full power cycle to the printer, router, and the iDevice(s)?  To power cycle an iDevice please hold the power button down until the slider bar appears on the screen, then swipe the bar from left to right.  This will completely power the iDevice off.  Please take a look at the information in the document on AirPrinting issues found here.

Hope this helps,
Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
It works now that there was an update. Thank you
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.