Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Unknown

This fix no longer works, everything I try to enter is invalid, I’ve changed the email address several times, I’ve also factory reset the printer so I get a new unfriendly looking eprint address.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi just had this email:

Hi,

Thanks for your email.

The issue is fixed. In case you are still facing problems, please let us know.

Rgds,

HP Voice Print Team

And yes it is fixed, whoop whoop! Worked first time! 

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

@wallist9

Welcome to HP support community.

Provide the printer model number or the product number?

Are you getting any error message?

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The printer is a HP Envy 5032,

The error message I get is when I try and link my HP eprint email address to the skill. 

Oops! this is not a valid printer email.

Please try again later.

It doesn't matter what device I use to try and set this up, I get the same error.

HP Recommended

@wallist9

Is the eprint working fine?

Refer to this link: https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c03721293 Printing with HP ePrint.

For Printing with Amazon Alexa.

Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05330917

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

e print works absolutely fine, I can send anything to my eprint email and it will print, 

the hp printer skill for amazon echo just wont recognise that email as a valid email,

ive gone through both of those links before and had no success, my only guess is the skill doesn't have up to date access to the list of eprint emails to be certain my email is valid.

I just want to have alexa print something to impress the kids, this is very frustrating.

HP Recommended

@wallist9

I suggest you do a Hard Reset on the printer

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.

(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Update the firmware for the printer using this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-envy-5000-all-in-one-printer-series/14095644/model/14095657/....

Make sure the Amazon echo is up to date.

Try to print.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Everything is up to date, I’ve even gone as far as a factory reset on the printer, but all of this entirely nothing to do with the local devices, it’s all server side.

When I try to set up the HP Alexa skill it doesn’t accept my eprint email address despite copying and pasting from your HP connected website, so I know it’s correct.  

HP Recommended

I’m having the exact same problem, I’ve even uninstalled the printer and started again. Got a fresh email address for the printer, even that doesn’t work, so frustrating! 

Any ideas HP?

HP Recommended

I’ve been trying to set this up since I got my printer 2 weeks ago, I’m confident it’s an issue with the Alexa skill, absolutely nothing to do with our equipment, Alexa keeps up to date it’s self, and so does the printer since I’m on instant ink.

HP Recommended

I’ve tried messaging HP on messenger, I tried all his ideas to no avail, in the end he said a tech department in my area would contact me within 4 working days, I’ll let you know if I get a solution to this problem. I’m in the UK, I was wondering if that makes a difference.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.