Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5055
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer prints just fine on regular 8.5 X 11 paper but it keeps cutting the image when I try to print on 80lb cardstock of the same size, 8.5 X 11. What do I need to set my printer to in order for it to print the entire image on the cardstock instead of cutting it off?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KandysKreationz 

Edits - Correction - Data is correct, perhaps I cannot read the information...

This is one of those cases where the Specifications included in the printer support website are perhaps confusing, that is, the information provided is correct but perhaps not all inclusive of the detail necessary to make a good decision..

Paper weight is determined by the type of paper as manufactured to an ISO standard for that paper type (Bond, Cover, Index, for example).

Index card paper is not the same thing as Brochure paper and is not the same thing (apparently) as "HP Card" paper.

My apologies for the confusion - the subject can be complicated and I believe I am missing something...

A Datasheet and the Specs at the HP Store - USA  (where the printer is listed for sale at this writing) both indicate that "HP Card" paper is supported to 53lbs.  Small Photo Paper (4x6 in) is noted as supported to 80lbs.

Assuming all else is equal, that is borderless is not a factor and content is the same...

I would guess the problem is the weight of the paper and that you need (to use) some lighter weight stock.

Reference and Resources – Places to find help and learn how to use your Printer

Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY 5055 All-in-One Printer

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.