Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 100 Mobile Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My trusty HP Officejet 100 Mobile Printer crashed during a print job yesterday, and now every time I power it up all the lights start blinking.  I really mean all the lights, more lights blinking than the manual says are possible.  The power light is blinking, the paper feed light is blinking, the bluetooth light is blinking (this one supposedly doesn't blink according to the manual but there it is, blinking away), and the left and right ink level lights are both blinking.  The battery power light is green and steady, not blinking.  The printer does not respond to anything, just sits there blinking.  I initially thought I needed to replace the Ink Service Module, but the blinking lights do not seem to match that exactly.  Anyone have any idea what all these blinking lights mean?

Thanks in advance for your input and help,

Ethan

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@ethancornelius

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

follow these steps to reset the printer.

Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Wait at least 60 seconds.

Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

let me know how it went. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem as Ethan. My mobile printer was working fine and then all the lighs just started blinking, including the bluetooth light. I followed your instructions for resetting the printer, but it didn't work. What would cause all the lights to start binking?  There is no paper jam, and ink cartridges are not loose. Is there anything else I can try?

HP Recommended

I followed the directions to reset the printer exactly, multiple times, with no results.  When I turn the printer on, ALL of the lights (including the bluetooth light) start flashing.  I gave up on this great old printer and bought a new one.  If there is a way to fix it, I would still like to keep it as a backup, but at this time it is utterly useless.

Is there actually a way to fix this, HP?  Seems kind of crazy how hard it is to find answers.  Are we just supposed to throw these away and buy new ones?

HP Recommended

This solution is not working. Any other suggestions?

All lights blinking even the Bluetooth light after I changed the black ink.

HP Recommended

I have tried this and it has not worked.  Has this issue ever been resolved?

HP Recommended

Hello there, I had the same problem.... and i found it really pathetic that no one from HP could provide a working solution...

Anyway after reading all the failed answers... I explored to resolve it myself... and i succeeded....

so what worked for me is to:

1.unplug the power cord from the printer

2. remove the battery pack: at this point all light will turn-off

3. wait a minute or so

4.install the battery pack back in its slot

5.Turn the printer back on with the power button

and voila you should have a working printer again....

cheers

HP Recommended

Hello community!

The information in the following link may be useful:

HP Officejet 100 Mobile Printers - Blinking Lights

SofiaML
HP Support Community

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.