JDW4
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Alter path that my OfficePro 476dw uses to store scans on my win10 pc

Dell G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.  I have an Officejet Pro x476dw.  Old yes, but it's been a great machine for my small business.  I very recently purchased a new notebook pc, a Dell G5 running Win10 Pro.  The printer lets me scan to my new computer which is great.  But, it is storing those scans in my G5's OneDrive folder.  I would prefer instead that the scans go to a local drive, e.g. C:\Work\HP Scans. 

But I can't find a way to find, let alone alter, the default "scan to computer" path in the Embedded Web Server.  The old dedicated printer assistant software that came with the Officejet doesn't seem to load (the executable is HP Officejet Pro X476dw MFP.exe).  Could you please point me to a way to modify the path? 

Also, if that's not possible, I would be willing to try and set up "Scan to Network Folder," if you could please help me know how to use the proper syntax?

Many thanks,

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation