Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8035
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just set up a brand new HP Officejet Pro 8035 and always get a "door open" error when trying to print. But, the door is never open. How do I resolve this? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Wine_TIme Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting a door open error while printing. 

I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well.

Close the cartridge door completely.

Check the cartridge door for obstructions.

Reset the product.

1. Press the Power button () to turn on the product.

2. Disconnect the USB cable from the back of the product.

3. Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet.

4. Disconnect the power cord from the product.

5. Wait 30 seconds.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the electrical outlet.

7. Reconnect the power cord to the product.

8. Press the Power button () to turn on the product.

9. Reconnect the USB cable to the product.

10. Check the product control panel to see if the error message still displays.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

HP Recommended
  • Hi Praveen196, thanks, but that didn't resolve the problem. All doors are closed, no obstructions, and followed steps to reset the printer.  But the error won't go away.
HP Recommended

@Wine_TIme

Thank you for the update.

Please update the firmware and check for the issue.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.