Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The automatic document feeder will not pick up the paper. You can hear the gears turn and sounds like they are clicking. Is there a way of getting new parts for the automatic document feeder?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Roger96

Welcome to HP support community.

Clean the ADF pick rollers

1. Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with bottled or distilled water, and then squeeze any excess liquid from the cloth.
  2. Lightly moisten a clean, lint-free cloth with distilled, filtered, or bottled water.

CAUTION: 

Do not use tap water or alcohol. Alcohol can dry out rollers. Tap water contains impurities that can damage rollers. 

Press the cloth against the roller while rotating it with your fingers. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove dust or dirt buildup.

Figure : Clean the ADF (Officejet Pro 8600)

Image: Clean the pick rollers and the separator pad

4. Clean the separator pad using the same cloth.

5. Firmly close the ADF cover.

6. Try using the ADF again.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:-Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.