Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4650 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

When I print a document using the automatic duplex printing, the pages (back/front) aren't aligned with each-other.

At first I thought the problem was that the back page prints differently than the front, which is itself an issue. But when I looked closer, I noticed that the difference in position isn't constant.

Sometimes the printing is even a little crooked, but always only the second page.

Essentially, the second page isn't being printed with the same margins as the first page when it goes through the duplexing process.

I bought a printer with an automatic duplex process for a reason, I don't want to have to do it manually, but I also don't want part of my pages being cut off when the duplexing adds an extra gap at the top.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Kiirnodel

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer. I read that while performing automatic duplex printing, the pages (front/back) are not aligned with each other. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

Now let us manually align the printer by following the below steps:

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended
Spoiler
This did not fix the issue. Double-sided still is not aligned.
HP Recommended

I have a 5255 and have the same problem. I followed the directions on this thread to no avail. The second side is severely off.

HP Recommended

@CJCN Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing the duplex Printing alignment issue.

Have you tried to reinstall the printer drivers and checked?

I would suggest you reinstall the printer driver.

Please click to download the printer driver.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.