Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4527
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer will not print automatic duplex.  Tried all the previous advice - checking auto duplex is installed, removing and re-installing drivers etc...  still no luck.    Help needed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Weepom

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, your printer does not print automatically 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

Have you checked the print settings? 

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

• Right click on printer, select printer properties.
  • Select the Device settings tab.
  • Ensure that the duplex unit is set to Installed rather than Not installed.

If the issue persists, please perform a root level uninstall and reinstall of printer drivers: 

• Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

To reinstall, click here

Note: You can skip these steps if you've already tried them 🙂

Keep me posted,

Cheers 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Weepom

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, your printer does not print automatically 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

Have you checked the print settings? 

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

• Right click on printer, select printer properties.
  • Select the Device settings tab.
  • Ensure that the duplex unit is set to Installed rather than Not installed.

If the issue persists, please perform a root level uninstall and reinstall of printer drivers: 

• Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

To reinstall, click here

Note: You can skip these steps if you've already tried them 🙂

Keep me posted,

Cheers 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me.

I followed your instructions - but now in Device Settings the Duplex unit is showing as 'not installed'.  It is greyed out and it won't let me change to 'installed'.   I tried re-installing the printer but it didn't help.      The printer is new and was bought to replace an HP Officjet 3831.   

HP Recommended

Hello again.....

Its working OK now.  I repeated the instructions you gave above (again) but this time I installed printer using the CD instead of the link you supplied.  Works a treat.

Thanks again for your help.

HP Recommended

@Weepom

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out.

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need assistance

Thank you 😀

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a Envy 4520 that I installed last week.  It was duplex printing for a couple of days and now stopped.  I have tried all of the steps above (uninstalling everything HP related and reinstalling from the website) and ensuring that the Automatic Duplex Unit is installed.

Still not working 😞

Please help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.