07-17-2018 11:36 AM
Printer will not print automatic duplex. Tried all the previous advice - checking auto duplex is installed, removing and re-installing drivers etc... still no luck. Help needed.
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-18-2018 04:07 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Forums,
Flower_Bud is at your service.
As I understand, your printer does not print automatically
No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:
When was the last time it worked fine?
Were there any hardware/software changes made?
Have you checked the print settings?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
- Right click on printer, select printer properties.
- Select the Device settings tab.
- Ensure that the duplex unit is set to Installed rather than Not installed.
If the issue persists, please perform a root level uninstall and reinstall of printer drivers:
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
To reinstall, click here
Note: You can skip these steps if you've already tried them 🙂
Keep me posted,
07-21-2018 07:57 AM
Thanks for getting back to me.
I followed your instructions - but now in Device Settings the Duplex unit is showing as 'not installed'. It is greyed out and it won't let me change to 'installed'. I tried re-installing the printer but it didn't help. The printer is new and was bought to replace an HP Officjet 3831.
07-21-2018 02:52 PM
Its working OK now. I repeated the instructions you gave above (again) but this time I installed printer using the CD instead of the link you supplied. Works a treat.
Thanks again for your help.
12-02-2019 11:35 AM
I have a Envy 4520 that I installed last week. It was duplex printing for a couple of days and now stopped. I have tried all of the steps above (uninstalling everything HP related and reinstalling from the website) and ensuring that the Automatic Duplex Unit is installed.
Still not working 😞