Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 8450
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

My HP Photosmart 8450 is a great printer, and I am reluctant to change it. However the alternative Gray ink cartriges Nos. 100 (C9368AE) and 102 (C9360AE) used for B&W photographic printing, appear now to be unobtainable.  The HP sales web site doesn't even recognize the numbers!

I would be grateful if you could let me know if any suitable replacement cartridges exist. 

Many thanks,

Ken1936

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ken1936

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any.  You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends).  

Response times may vary by region. Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ken1936

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I understand you need information on availability of Gray cartridges HP Nos. 100, and 102,

I'd like to thank you for the detailed description of your concern,

as you have ensured I don't have to ask any more questions, that said, you could Visit HP Sure Supply to check ink or toner cartridge compatibility or purchase replacement cartridges and other supplies.

1. Go to HP SureSupply.

2. If necessary, select your country/region.

Figure : Country/region selector

Selecting your country/region
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to order new supplies or check cartridge compatibility with your printer.

You can also purchase genuine HP cartridges and supplies from other retailers.

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Riddle_Decipher for your reply, but the hpSureSupply you suggested, came up with the same response I received from HP Store UK, which is "We're sorry there are no results matching your search"

I have made contact by phone with  HP sales, and they couldn't explain the problem, which is the reason I hoped some one on the Forum could suggest a possible alternative cartridge. 

I have used these HP 100 cartridges for several years (they contained three different shades of grey ink, giving added tones for black and white photo prints) but not only have HP given up on them, the refiil merchants have also!

HP Recommended

@ken1936

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any.  You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends).  

Response times may vary by region. Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your interest and effort MKazi, I appreciate it.  

HP Recommended

Was there an answer to this?

My supplier told me that this was no longer manufactured and even remanufactured ones seemed to have disappeared.

These are only needed for true black and white prints so I guess it is time for a new printer - any ideas?

Can anyone confirm if the Photo Color cartridge 348 is still available as it is probably the same as above?

What I am not clear about is if there are no longer available will the printer work with just the standard 343 and black 338 cartridges which are readily available as they are used for many other printers? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.