Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Dear Friend,

The HP printer is good and perfect and there is no problem with the printer as I do visitng cards printing from HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4625 model.

I suggest you to make changes in the custom page setup.

First measure the page that you want to print

if you use ms word go to page setup and select the custom page settings where you can give you settings in centimetres or in inches.

After all the settings are done, adjust the sheet flip in the printer according to the paper size.

see the magic, the print what you expect will print and make you happy.

HP Recommended
EIC,
Your personal experience with HP4625 is that it may be correctly working. However, if you search internet and these forums for Avery sheet business card printing problems on HP printer, you will see many people with difficult problems which waste business cards sheets which cost very much more money than regular paper sheets. And you can extrapolate that the people who post problems on these forums and internet are most likely just 20% of those who have had the same business card problem, so the problem must be quite extensive.

I posted my problem in 2009 (and contributed many times to answering the others who had same problem) and it was only in 2013 - 4 years later, did an HP expert contact me. Alas for HP, by that time I replaced the offending all-in-one printer with a pull through all-in-one printer from competitor printer company. This problem and the lack of HP responses to anyone with the same problem has soured me on HP printers and I will not buy one again.

Your explanation does not solve the problem with HP all in one printers/other printers and Avery perforated sheet business cards. Thank you for trying to contribute a solution.
HP Recommended

As I previously indicated, my problem was with the HP Officjet Pro 8000 Wireless.   Turns out that the problem was with the printer driver which HP's update program failed to recognize as available.  After much frustrating discussion with HP technicians and speaking with a supervisor of a supervisor did she discover the new printer driver.  When I told her how many ink cartridges I had used and how much paper I had used to try to solve the problem, she sent me a ream of paper and two black ink cartridges.  The printer driver is Version14.8.0.  The website is:  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4158&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3760....

I don't know anything about the other printers in this thread, but it would be worth checking HP's website and click under "Support".

W. Michael Biklen

HP Recommended

This solution by "Honor Student" solved my problem.  

I have an HP6520 and am using Avery 8371.  Problem was spacing vertically on the card stock.  Avery first advised to not use their print command but to save my card layout as an Acrobat document and then print from there.  Next they advised to set the printer to heavier paper and I switched to "matte card stock" to help the printer grab the paper properly.  Then the center cards on the paper printed perfectly but the two rows above and below shifted toward the center with the top and bottom cards printing partially on their neighbors.  Once I unchecked the print two sided option and started feeding the blank stock one sheet at a time the alignment became perfect.   That slows the print job somewhat but for just a few cards it is much better than wasting the card stock.

HP Recommended

I have a slightly different problem.  When I try to print my Avery business cards on my desk top thevertical margin is off, yet when I switch to my laptop they print just fine.  Both using the same printer an HP8620.

HP Recommended

Here's another solution to the problem of the WANDERING MARGIN. 

I use an old Lexmark X5470 and encounter the same margin problem with Avery 38876. So the HP printer can't be at fault. For years I printed cards on Staples 12527 stock (compatible with Avery 8371) with no problems there. And I made my own template on a Pages program (Mac) so the problem can't be with the type of template. The fault has to be with the Avery card stock 38876. You'll notice that the stock bends in one direction better than the other way. When the sheet goes into the printer the first time, it gets bent slightly. When you flip the sheet over to print the reverse side, the bends must be causing the printer to miscalculate the margin. My solution is to print the reverse side first, then the front side. I had to realign the template for the reverse side, but everything is working so far.

Now, if I can only find a film producer to look at my script!

250th.ca

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.