Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3750
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Pictures have dark horizontal bands, I have replaced Cartridges and aligned and cleaned heads, still happening.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jamesyates_13, Welcome to HP Support Community!

This could be an application-specific issue or an issue with the ink system. Let us try to isolate the issue-

Try printing text documents to check if that works fine. If no, print a print quality diagnostic report and examine it-

Use HP Utility to print a Print Quality Diagnostic page from your Mac.

1. Load plain paper into the input tray.

2. Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.

3. Depending on your version of OS X, click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

4. In the Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners window, select your printer, and then click Options & Supplies.

5. Click Utility, and then click Open Printer Utility.

HP Utility opens.

6. Click Print Quality Diagnostics , and then click Print.

A Print Quality Diagnostic page prints.

Figure : Print Quality Diagnostic page without defects

Example of a Print Quality Diagnostic page without defects

If the print quality is not acceptable, follow the steps from the document Fixing Poor Print Quality.

If the text documents are printing fine, let me know the following for further assistance-

Which application are you trying to print from?

What is the paper type and size used to print pictures?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.