Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600 N911a
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My printer prints fine when I send a doc from my computer but suddenly there are major vertical black lines on the pages when I use the copy function on the printer.  I've run the diagnostic for the printer heads and there are no problems there.

In case it makes a difference, I think that my Windows 10 is 32-bit but I'm not sure.

Thanks for any suggestions you can give me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Do the lines only occur if you are feeding through the ADF?  If so the issue is a spec on the thin strip of glass to the left of the main bed.  Clean this thoroughly.  The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve lines when copying or scanning. 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Do the lines only occur if you are feeding through the ADF?  If so the issue is a spec on the thin strip of glass to the left of the main bed.  Clean this thoroughly.  The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve lines when copying or scanning. 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

THANK YOU!!  The lines occured when I was not feeding through the ADF.  But, I cleaned both the thin strip of glass to the left of the main bed and the main bed and Voila!  Fixed!  And thanks for the troubleshooting doc. for any future issues that may arise.  

HP Recommended

Cleaning the small glass stripon the left side worked. It took out the streaking line while using Auto Documents Feeder (ADF). Thanks for the tip.

HP Recommended

@SaratogaCA - I am glad I could help.  It is amazing how a very small spec can cause such an issue.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem.  Where is that "thin strip of glass" on the "left side of the main bed"?  I don't know what you are referring to....

Blanchie

HP Recommended

When using top loader to scan I get a Blue line that runs down the center of the copy.

HP Recommended

"Very Strange"  but it took care of the Line going down the center of  Scanned copy when using the  top loader....

HP Recommended

Thx Bob!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.