2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Black Vertical LInes on Copies

Officejet Pro 8600 N911a
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My printer prints fine when I send a doc from my computer but suddenly there are major vertical black lines on the pages when I use the copy function on the printer.  I've run the diagnostic for the printer heads and there are no problems there.

In case it makes a difference, I think that my Windows 10 is 32-bit but I'm not sure.

Thanks for any suggestions you can give me.

8 REPLIES 8
Level 16
Level 16
32,808 26,178 2,389 8,171
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Do the lines only occur if you are feeding through the ADF?  If so the issue is a spec on the thin strip of glass to the left of the main bed.  Clean this thoroughly.  The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve lines when copying or scanning. 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

L_S_H
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

THANK YOU!!  The lines occured when I was not feeding through the ADF.  But, I cleaned both the thin strip of glass to the left of the main bed and the main bed and Voila!  Fixed!  And thanks for the troubleshooting doc. for any future issues that may arise.  

0 Kudos
SaratogaCA
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Cleaning the small glass stripon the left side worked. It took out the streaking line while using Auto Documents Feeder (ADF). Thanks for the tip.

0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
32,808 26,178 2,389 8,171
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@SaratogaCA - I am glad I could help.  It is amazing how a very small spec can cause such an issue.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

0 Kudos
Blanchie
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have a similar problem.  Where is that "thin strip of glass" on the "left side of the main bed"?  I don't know what you are referring to....

Blanchie

0 Kudos
davofl
3 3 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

When using top loader to scan I get a Blue line that runs down the center of the copy.

0 Kudos
davofl
3 3 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

"Very Strange"  but it took care of the Line going down the center of  Scanned copy when using the  top loader....

0 Kudos
davofl
3 3 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thx Bob!!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation