Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Black Vertical Lines when scanning - Deskjet 3835

Deskjet 3835
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hello,

Everytime I scan using the document feeder, there are black vertical lines showing on the image. This doesn't happen with the flatbed though. The printer is the Deskjet 3835 all in one series. Appreciate your response. Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Provost Provost
Provost
30,359 25,907 2,372 7,960
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The lines you describe would typically be caused by a small spec (or a few spec's) on the thin glass to the left of the main scanner bed.  Open the scanner lid and clean the thin glass thoroughly.  It may help to shine a bright light held at a slight angle to the bed from the front.  This would highlight the areas to clean.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

coscobaes Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi, thank you for your response. Your suggestion worked. I cleaned the scanner bed and the rollers for the document feeder since the problem is with the feeder when scanning. Anyway, I cleaned both and it worked. Thank you so much.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation