Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
ENVY 7855 Printer
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I just bought a ENVY 7855 printer. How to you print  or copy in black and white only? I have a MacPro. I see you can as a draft but not with full resolution.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@carlmk, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To print in black, follow the steps below-

Change the print settings to print black and white documents and photos. Available print settings and menu locations vary by printer model, driver type, and the app you are printing from.

1. Open the document or photo you want to print, click File, click Print, and then click Show Details, if necessary.

2. Select Black & White on the main dialog. The Presets menu also includes black and white options.

Select Black & White in the print dialog

3. Click Print.

4. To create a new preset based on the selected print settings, click the Presets menu, and then select Save Current Settings as Preset.

To make photocopies in black, follow the steps below-

Open the copy settings menu from the printer control panel-

1. Touch Copy, Copy Document, or Copy Photo on the printer control panel, and then change any available basic settings as needed.

2. Touch Settings or the gear icon to view more copy settings.

3. Depending on the printer, touch Start, or return to the main Copy screen by touching Back, and then touch Start Black, Start Color, or OK to start the copy job.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.