Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2130
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Trying to remotely diagnose and hopefully fix a printing problem on my Dad's printer. See the attached picture for what it's doing.

We've already tried replacing the black ink cartridge, aligning the cartridges, cleaning the cartridges and cleaning the printer. The problem persists. Any ideas greatly appreciated!

26a.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@xntryk1

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I see that you are facing Print Quality issues with your Deskjet 2130 and you have already performed all the crucial troubleshooting steps.

I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

I'll try my best to help.

Please print a Print Quality Report and send me a picture if possible

Are you able to make Photocopies?

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic Page in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista.

1. Load U.S. Letter or A4 size, unused, plain paper into the input tray.

2. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.

3. Open or search for the HP folder in your list of installed software programs, click the folder for your printer, and then click the name of your printer.

The HP Printer Assistant software opens.

4. On the HP Printer Assistant window, click Maintain Your Printer.

5. Click the Device Reports tab, and then click Print Diagnostic Information ().

Figure : Example of a Print Quality Diagnostic Page without defects

Image: Example of a Print Quality Diagnostic Page without defects

You can also refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/emea_middle_east-en/document/c04593626

Keep me posted.

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK @KrazyToad , here's that report you requested. Note: I had to reduce the size of the printout in order to post it.

Another piece of information, this black block problem does NOT happen when printing things in color. It only happens when printing black typed text and only intermittently.

saved1.jpg

HP Recommended

@xntryk1,

It looks like you were interacting with @KrazyToad, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service.

As I understand you are only having issues when printing in black. Don't worry as I have a few other steps which should help you resolve this issue.

Just wanted to check what happens when you try to make a copy from the printer?

Have you tried to clean the ink cartridge contacts as well as the electrical contacts?

Have you tried to check with new/alternate ink cartridges?

Please respond to this post with the details, as this will help us in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The issue only presents itself (occasionally, but far too often) when printing black text documents directly from the computer. Copies and color printing are no problem. As mentioned, we did replace the ink cartridge with a brand new one and that still didn't solve the problem. 

HP Recommended

@xntryk1,

As you have already tried with new set of ink cartridges and still having the issue, I would suggest this could be a possible hardware failure, I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: 

1. Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  2. 2) Click on “Continue as guest”.
  3. 3) Enter the serial of your device.
  4. 4) Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. 5) Click on “Show Options”.

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please let me know if this issue was resolved. I too am having the same issue. I just purchased this printer and  my black ink also prints in blocks. I’m about ready to return this any suggestions? 

HP Recommended

@Missdaintyaz

Welcome to HP support community.

Did you make a copy an check if that prints fine?

Which OS is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?

Meanwhile:

Try the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix this issue:-Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.