Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black ink doesn't print after 3 cleaning processes; cartridge replaced.

Lenova
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Re: HP 6978 Office Pro/Windows 10 on Lenovo

Won't print black.    Replaced black ink cartridge 8 days ago and printed multiple invoices without incident.  Stopped printing black ink 2 days ago.  Ran Windows + HP diagnostics; both unable to detect problem.  Performed 3-step printhead cleaning twice.  Still unable to get blank ink printing.  Noticed as well, 8 or docs spooled and unable to delete/clear print jobs.

I see I'm not the only one with issue...That said, i won't be subscribing to another theory re:  clogged printheads!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 6
523 514 32 40
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black ink doesn't print after 3 cleaning processes; cartridge replaced.

Don't know about the black printing issue.

To clear the print jobs try this

Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
Go to services again - Start the print spooler.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation