Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black ink has stopped working correctly on HP 6520

HP 6520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP 6520 photosmart printer.  The black ink has stopped working correctly.  Specifically, anything that is typing or solid lines does not work.  some grey shadowing in images or pictures will still work.  It is the same result whether I copy, print from a desk top computer, or print from my phone.  I installed a brand new printer cartridge just to verify that is not the issue.  Here is the thing.  I have two 6520 printers.  The fist one I had been using regularly and it started doing this black ink thing previously described.  I figured it was end of life so two weeks ago I connected the second one I had not been using for a year.  It worked fine.  Now today it has started doing the same thing as the other one.  I believe HP is pushing faulty software upgrades to these printers that is causing the issue.  I see multiple posts with this same issue and I find it hard to believe that a second printer would be fine at first then do the same thing as the first after being connected a couple weeks.  

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,743 20,643 1,149 1,240
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black ink has stopped working correctly on HP 6520

@largobob

Welcome to HP support community.

Try the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix the issue:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation