1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Black ink is not printing fully

HP Envy 5000 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My color ink works perfectly, my black ink is skipping lines and not printing completely. My HP app recognizes it as full and ready to go. I tried to clean it off with a cotton swab and bottled water and it made it a little better but not fully. I tried to use the "clean cartridge" setting on my computer and the "second clean" and it did not help. I have instant ink and they said my ink is all set and won't let me order a new cartridge. I unplugged and plugged back in the printer, ran test pages and nothing is saying any error messages. I disconnected the printer form my computer and then connected it again and nothing changed. I think the problem is with the cartridge but I don't know what to do. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 14
12,185 12,180 828 1,494
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Black ink is not printing fully

Get a plastic dish and put 1/4" of hot water in it.  
Use rubber gloves.
Remove the black cartridge and put the printhead down into the water.  
Soak for few minutes, then remove and clean/dry the contacts with a lint free wipe like a coffee filter.
Install back in the printer.
Try printing.

Repeat if necessary.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation