Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP deskjet 2630
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have an 18 month old deskjet 2630 that I have used to print less than 5 pages a month. I printed out some text yesterday which started off clearly and then detoriorated to nothing (there were intermittent lines as it faded). I assumed the ink had run out as I was still using the original test cartridge that came with the printer and replaced it with a full new HP (instant ink) cartridge. Unfortunately the printer still will not print in black, I have tried cleaning, aligning etc but can't complete the alignment properly as the black won't print on the aligment page or any test page. When I view the printer ink levels they show as full and again show no error messgaes. The printer goes through the motions of printing it just comes out with a blank page except for the colour which it prints fine. I have tried cleaning the contacts as in previous posts but that hasn't worked and I have tried the old switch off and back on agian. Any suggetions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Netti

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Appreciate you trying the steps. Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Netti

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Appreciate you trying the steps. Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem

HP Recommended

I have this same problem. What should I try? Colors are fine. No black.

HP Recommended

HP deskjet 1515

The printer has new cardridges

The printer seems to funchion well, the paper goes through while it is working, but no ink on the paper.

Trying test page, no ink on the paper

HP Recommended

HP deskjet 1515

No evident problem with the printer.

Paper goes thrugh.

Printer is working, but there is no ink on the paper.

Trying Test page, same result, no ink on paper

HP Recommended

Hi @olavN

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Try making a standalone copy in color and black to check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Which device are you trying to print from?

Are you using Instant Ink cartridges?

Clean the ink cartridges

Refer to step 12 from this document.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic page

• Press and hold the Power button. While holding down the Power button, press and hold the Cancel button. Hold them both down for 2 or 3 seconds.
  • The test page prints.
  • Check for missing colors.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.