Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (69 Views)

Black ink smudges when touched

Product Name: HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer series
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had an older HP printer/scanner that worked great for years. About 6 months ago I replaced both the black and color ink cartridges. Around the same time, I bought new color lock all-purpose paper. The pages I printed out looked good until you touch the ink or try to highlight. This only happens with the black ink; the color ink seems to dry and adhere to the paper correctly. I figured it was in issue with the paper, so I bought HP all-purpose color lock paper - same issue. I tried wasting more money on new cartridges - same issue. I ended up buying a new HP Officejet 4650 printer about a month ago and it is doing the exact same thing. I have now used three different types of paper and the corresponding paper/quality settings when printing. I have read a lot of other people having the same problem on this forum, and have tried all the suggestions to fix it. It seems that there is an issue with the black ink cartridges that cannot be fixed by addressing any of the information in this link that keeps getting recommended https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-4630-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5305049/document/...

I don’t know if anyone has an actual fix for this, or if I am just going to have to return the printer and go with a different brand. It's a shame because I really do like the printer and have always used HP, but I am very frustrated and disappointed about this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (32 Views)

Re: Black ink smudges when touched

Hi @PoolService17,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any.

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends).

Response times may vary by region.

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation