08-10-2018 03:31 PM
I replaced a black ink cartridge because the indicator showed it was low and it began skipping on the last page of print.
After replacing the cartridge with a new black ink cartridge, the black ink will no longer print. I have tried the scan doctor suggestions: cleaning the printheads several times, alligned the print etc. The resulting test prints show color but no black. The indicator shows the black ink to be full and the colored ink levels as adequate. I have even tried another new black ink cartridge with the same results. If I try to copy a document the black ink does not print. I need some more suggestions. The printer was printing fine before I replaced the cartridge.
08-11-2018 01:36 PM
Welcome to HP Forums,
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.
I suggest you do a Hard Reset
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
If you have tried all the steps in this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6970-all-in-one-printer-series/8289585/documen...
I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.
Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee