Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp Photosmart 7525
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Installed a new black cartridge a few days ago and that cartridge has stopped working. So, thinking it might be the cartridge, I took out another new cartridge from the same package. Same problem.  I don't know how old these cartridges are but is there any way of determining the age of the package? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Now I have gone through 3 564xl Black cartridges with no results nor any way to contact a human. So......

HP Recommended

@bill1044

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this is a hardware issue with the Printer as on changing the cartridges too, you're unable to print in black.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If the cartridges are genuine HP see the document here for information on the end of warranty date, which is two years from the date of manufacture.

The troubleshooting steps in the document here may help resolve black not printing on your Photosmart 7525.  Go through the steps in order.  In step 10 I would also suggest removing the black cartridge.  Turn it over and examine the area around the ink port.  There are four orange plastic spots, left over from the protective cap.  Make sure these are flush with the cartridge body, if not carefully trim them flush.  If the plastic nubs protrude they can prevent the cartridge from seating properly.  Before replacing the cartridge in the printer dribble a few (maybe four) drops of hot water into the ink port in the printer and two drops into the ink port on the cartridge then snap the cartridge back in position.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.