Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Photosmart6520
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Help! Since I had update my IOS to Catalina, the black cartridge in my Photosmart6520 will not print. I have removed, swabbed, test printed, installed new black cartridge and still nothing. I have also uninstalled the software and reinstalled. Any answers would be welcomed. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JanD3, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

If you are able to make copies in black, this could be a driver issue.

But if the printer is not able to make copies in black, this is a hardware issue and has nothing to do with the update to macOS Catalina. 

Let us try these steps:

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Run a Print Quality Diagnostic report

On the printer, touch Settings, touch Tools, and then touch Print Quality Report.

If there are defects in the color bars, clean the printhead

Touch Settings, touch Tools, and then touch Clean Printhead. If the print quality is unacceptable on the page that prints, touch Clean Again to perform a second cleaning.

Also, Check the ink cartridge vents

Refer to step 3 in this document.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding. It didn't work either so i bought a new printer,

HP Recommended

@JanD3

That's unfortunate. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.