Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

@FONDAFRED,

Thank you for posting this on HP Support Forums!

I see from your post that you're having issues while printing from your HP photosmart printer. No worries, I'll be glad to assist you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you checked for any obstructions inside the printer?

Are you able to move the carriage freely?

This looks like a possible hardware failure with the printer. I would recommend you try these steps first.

You can use an automated tool to clean the printhead. 

Follow these steps to clean the printhead.

NOTE: 

If the printhead is badly clogged, you might need to clean the printhead several times to restore normal print quality.

1. Make sure that plain white U.S. letter or A4 size paper is loaded in the tray.

2. From the control panel home screen, touch the Right Arrow (), and then touch the Setup icon ().

3. Touch Tools, and then touch Clean Printhead. The printer cleans the printhead, and then prints a test page.

4. Review the print quality on the test page.

Figure : Example of print quality test page

Image: Print quality test page.
NOTE: 

If the printhead is badly clogged, you might need to clean the printhead several times to restore normal print quality. If a second cleaning is required, wait 30 minutes before cleaning again.

For more details, Please follow this link: HP Photosmart 5510 Printers - Black Ink Not Printing and Other Print Quality Issues

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue, I would personally suggest this could be an issue with the printer itself.

I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance.

HP support team can be reached on www.hp.com/contacthp

Select the product type.

Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

Select the country from the drop-down.

You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have done everything you suggest. No results and no useful information,

HP Recommended

@Marlon49005,

As I understand you have followed the steps suggested and unfortunately nothing has helped to resolve this issue. 

This looks like a possible hardware failure with the printer. I would recommend you contact our HP support to get the printer service or possible upgrade options.

Please use the link from the previous post to contact our HP support team. 

Let me know if you encounter any difficulty contacting them, I'll be more than happy to help you.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.