Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi. My laptop is a HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14 notebook and I have been having this issue for weeks now; I press the power button to turn it on and blinks sometimes together with the Caps Lock light and f12, sometimes without the Caps lock but with f12.

I have found no solutions until I stumbled across your comment. Can I ask how you succeeded in getting your laptop on in order to complete the bios update?

Please help anyone. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@clairejay Welcome to HP Community!

Note that specific patterns of long and short blinks along with long and short beeps (where applicable) identify errors during the startup process.
Newer computers have two-part blink sequences with different color lights to indicate specific errors and you may click here and troubleshoot on your own,

A few other ways of resolving the issue is by using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

CLICK HERE FOR STEP BY STEP GUIDE

(simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

If the above doesn't help or the steps are insufficient, check the below steps:

Let's start with a hard reset of your notebook computer before you try any other troubleshooting steps.

Reasons for a hard reset

A hard reset has the following effects:

• Clears the memory.

• Reestablishes the connection between the BIOS and the hardware

The following conditions can be helped by the hard reset:

• Windows stop responding.

• The display suddenly goes blank.

• The computer does not wake from sleep or hibernate modes.

• Software applications freeze or fail to respond.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.