02-04-2020 01:21 PM
My OfficeJet Pro 6830 stopped printing Black. I tried cleaning the Print Heads as suggested by HP multiple times. The last time it came up with an error: Printer Failure: 0x61000047. There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn the printer Off, then On. If you continue to get this message contact HP.
This is my second (replaced) printer with this same issue. Any suggestions as I just purchased new ink as I thought that was the problem, but it's not.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-06-2020 02:54 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer is not printing black and you are also unable to make a copy in black.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
Are you able to make a copy in black?
Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till the warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
If the issue persists, continue troubleshooting from the below article.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee