Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7830
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have researched blue hue when printing cloudy skies and cannot find a solution.

The shadows in seascapes that should be grey also have a blue hue.

I am using the above printer, HP Advanced photo paper, Windows 10 32 bit with all updates applied.

Is there a technical solution to this please

MJS
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Sorry forgot to mention in my quest for a solution before anyone asks, Yes I am using HP injet cartridges under the Instant Ink program

MJS
HP Recommended

@Muff1

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the print quality.

Don't worry, I'm here to help! To better assist you - Are you experiencing the same issue while making a copy as well? 

While you respond to that, let's try printing a print quality report -

1) On the control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon.
2) Swipe up on the display, touch Reports, and then touch Print Quality Report.

3) Examine the report for any defects:

• If there are no defects found, try step#1.
  • If there are defects found, try step#2

Step 1 Re-install the printer driver -
1) In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program". 
2) Look for HP Printer software. 
3) Right-click to uninstall. 
4) In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”. 
5) In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”. 
6) Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.  
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”). 
8) Click on the "Drivers" tab. 
9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom. 
10) Select Ok. 
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows. 
12) Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed. 
13) Restart the computer. 
14) Download and install the software and drivers from here.

Step 2 Clean the ink cartridges -
1) On the control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon.
2) Swipe up on the display, and then touch Printer Maintenance.
3) Touch Clean Cartridges, and then touch Continue. A Print Quality Diagnostic page prints.
4) Examine the Print Quality Diagnostic page. If the print quality is unacceptable, touch Clean Again to continue the next level of cleaning. Repeat these steps for the third cleaning stage, if necessary.

To manually clean the ink cartridges, please refer to step# 4 from this document.

If the issue still persists, please send us a private message with the Instant Ink account information.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried everything that was suggested, I'm still getting a blue hue across the images.

I will send you a copy taken from my OriginalOriginalPrintedPrintedscreen first picture

A copy of the printed version - second picture.

I use a Spyder to calibrate my PC screen

MJS
HP Recommended

@Muff1

Hi there, thanks for trying. This seems like an issue with the ink cartridges. 

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. 

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have installed the replacement cartridge sent, but i am still getting the same problem.

I have checked firmware and I have the latest version.

I have since tried printing different photos and they all have a blue hue to them.

MJS
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.