Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7800
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I have been receiving a Blue Screen and an error message 00829C98 on my HP Envy printer.  The printer will not respond to power buttons or menu buttons, and unplugging has been the only option.  In addition, for the last several weeks it frequently disconnects from the network and needs to be reset and reconnected.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@lplisco

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the blue screen with the error message: 00829C98

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Did you perform a hard reset on the printer?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

In some cases, removing the ink cartridges and resetting the printer can clear the error message.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.

4. Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.

5. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.

6. Wait at least 60 seconds.

7. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.

8. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

9. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

10. Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

11. Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.

12. If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.

13. If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the rear of the printer.

14. Try to print.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

I'm sending out a Private message with the information you need to get this sorted,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it 

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

(The reason we are utilizing the private message is because the instructions are critical)

Keep me posted,

For I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed,

And your device is up and running again, if you don't get back to us 😉 

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I performed the hard reset of the printer, and for the moment the error message has not recurred.  I'll respond again after several more weeks to see if it works as a permanent solution.  The error message has occurred several times in the past at random intervals and was restored temporarily by a simple powering off and back on.

HP Recommended

@lplisco

Thank you for responding,

That's wonderful news!

I'm glad it hasn't reoccurred in the past week,

And hopefully, it shouldn't reoccur ever again,

if it does, as advised before, please use the steps mentioned on the private message I had sent earlier to get the issue sorted,

If you are satisfied with the solution provided and you wish to help others find the solution you did, simply Click here to access my solution and mark it "accepted as solution", and feel free to give us a kudo... (the purple thumbs up) for the efforts we've put in to help you.

Take care and have a bless day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have done all these steps and it still won’t work

HP Recommended

I tried the hard reboot and it still is not working, any other options or is my fairly new printer done? 

HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same issue but with a brand new HP Envy Photo 7858. I have tried the hard reset and the suggestion provided earlier with shutting down and taking out ink cartridges. Despite several attempts, the error message persists. Thanks in advance for the support. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.