Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blue Touch Screen Error HP 7740 Printer

OfficeJet Pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I just installed this printer, brand new, two weeks ago. About every other day, I get the blue screen of death on the touch pad with an error code. The code varies slightly, and doesn't seem to mean anything when I try to research it. I have plugged/unplugged/removed and reinstalled cartridges. All software and firmware is up to date. STILL get the error. Again, brand new printer.

This is my second one of this model, had the last one for 3 years with no issues whatsoever.

How does one actually contact HP support and talk to a human? And how do I fix this?

TIA!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,222 13,200 875 864
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blue Touch Screen Error HP 7740 Printer

@luvwriter

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

I suggest we perform a Semi Full Reset

Since these steps are specific to your printer, I have sent you a private message with the next course of action

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation