11-13-2019 11:52 AM
HP envy printer keeps coming up with a blue flashing screen and error message C4EB8024
I have tried all of the following as advised on previous posts, as listed below
: Power Reset:
- Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector.
- Turn the printer on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. Wait at least 60 seconds
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Check if the error shows up
- If the issue persists, proceed to the next step
None of this works, completed this on numerous occasions and still have this error message
Step 2: Update the printer firmware
Refer to this link to update the printer firmware.
unable to do step 2 as the icons on the now flashing screen do not respond
Could you please advise on what the next course of action is to resolve this issue.
11-15-2019 02:05 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Appreciate you trying the steps. This is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer.
Have a great day!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
11-19-2019 04:46 PM
I've received a replacement printer in the post today, no ink or power cable included. I was advised to use cable and ink from defective printer. However when putting in the ink cartridges from defective printer, I have a message on the printer screen that cartridges can only be used in printer that initially installed it. Can't connect printer to wireless, the wireless icon is flashing. Can't get past this point as no other icons are showing on printer. Maybe this is due due the ink cartridge issue? Please can you advise on how to get this replacement printer working? The paperwork provided with replacement also states that i should use accessories (cable and ink) from defective printer.
Looking forward to a prompt reply and one that can be sorted with my limited techno knowledge.