Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does anyone know what this error originates from?

I am suspecting some sort of networking issue.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@bnsclh12 

Hello,

Please 
restart the printer, computer, and router for solve this problem.

1. Turn the printer off, and then wait 10 seconds.
  2. Disconnect the printer power cord from the printer.
  3. Turn off the computer or the device you are trying to print from.
  4. Connect the printer power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer.
  5. Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router, and then wait 30 seconds.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the router.
     NOTE: 
    Wait until internet service is restored. Internet service is interrupted while the router is off.
  7. Wait at least 3 minutes, then turn on the computer.

Then please follow the steps in the following HP link:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04760896

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

I have done all of the above, on multiple networks.

This error occurs when either the printer or pc is on wifi connection or an ethernet connection.

It can be duplicated 99% of the time on any network or router.

I have tried it thru a PFsense setup, a dd-wrt setup, a stock linksys, and a comcast gateway

I am leaning toward a hardware fault in networking somehow.

Testing printer on a network without that PC results in everything working and no resets.

Testing PC on same network without the printer results in everything working as well.

Only when the 2 reside on the same network is when the issue occurs.

My next step may be to reinstall win 10 on pc and start over at that point...maybe on a separate drive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.