05-08-2020 04:13 AM
I have a HP F4280. The print quality from word documents, excel spreadsheets is great. However, if I print from a pdf, or from an existing website, the text has a shadow, making it blurry. It seems strange that this does not happen with word document text. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-14-2020 10:34 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
- This could be an application-specific issue.
- Have you tried using different web browsers and try printing webpages to check if the issue persists?
For now, to resolve this issue, kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document.
Try printing the PDF files as an image
Refer to this document.
If the issue is limited to printing PDF files, try updating or reinstalling the Adobe Reader on the PC.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
05-14-2020 12:40 PM
Thanks for trying to help. I have tried a different browser, but still get blurry print. I copied and pasted text from a web page onto a blank Word document, and the text was still blurry. I have checked all the settings for printing, and all looks good. I don,t think it is the printer itself, as anything I type gets printed fine. It is just when I try to print anything that already exists on a web page (even if I cut and paste it first). Let me know if you have any other suggestions. I have invested in a new HP printer if I need to produce any documents for a formal situation - hopefully it will print everything really clear (I have not set it up yet).
05-16-2020 01:34 AM
Let us try reinstalling the updated printer drivers.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
- Select your HP Printer
- Select Uninstall
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
- In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
- Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
- Click on the “Drivers” tab
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
- Select Ok
- Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
- Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.
Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
If the issue persists, install the printer using Windows built-in driver
Refer to this document to know how.
Let me know how this goes.
I am an HP Employee