Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8210
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi,

Trying to print a 8 page booklet using 2 x A4 sheets. 2 pages on each side of an A4 sheet. The booklet was created in MS Publisher 2003 and was used numerous times on a HP Deskjet 970cxi printer until recently without any problems.

Using the Officejet will not print the pages correctly. I have A4 sheets with 4 pages on each side with the reverse side upside down or it just refuses to print no matter what settings I use. (There are other odd printouts) These are the settings for the "Booklet Printing" option under "Printing Shortcuts".

Never ever had problems with the Deskjet but I've wasted so much ink on this Officejet that I give up unless someone can help please.

Thanks in advance

vic11

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

From Publisher's print dialog, make sure it is set as 1 page per sheet and not as Tiled.

Next, click Printer Properties and select Booklet Printing from the printer driver, ensure it is set as 2 pages per sheet with the proper binding (short edge for landscape, long page for portrait)

Press OK and try printing, then check for any difference.

Generally, selecting 2 pages per sheet from your program's print dialog and setting booklet from the driver will cause the same results as you describe..

Please let me know if that helps,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi,

Thank you for your reply.

This is Publisher 2003 (MS Office 2003). There is no option in the print dialogue (File / Print...) to set it as 1 page per sheet and not as Tiled. It is set to print all the pages, in this case, 8. (2 x A4 sheets).

The page setup in Publisher is setup as a "Booklet" with the orientation set as "Landscape".

Those are the settings I've always used in Publisher to print out a booklet and it has always worked fine on the Deskjet 970.

Now the Printer Properties:

The printer is the "HP Officejet Pro 8210 PCL 6"

I always choose the "Booklet Printing" option under the "Printing Shortcuts" tab.

There are four other options to choose from under that tab which are:

Paper Size: A4
Printer Source: Printer Auto Select
Paper Type: Unspecified
Booklet Layout: Left Binding - (Options also include: Right Binding and Off)

You also have five more tabs with further options to select. The tabs are:

Paper / Quality - Effects - Finishing - Color - Advanced.

The "Finishing" tab is the one that gives you the booklet options and seems to be the one causing the problems.

Sorry for the length of the reply and appreciate your help

Vic11

HP Recommended

Shlomil,

Are you still helping with this problem as I've not heard nothing since I replied to your last post?

As a workaround I have managed to create the booklet correctly by converting the Publisher file to a .PDF file and printing from there. This seems a ridiculous way to go about what should be a simple action. It use to be. Seems to be a lot of HP printer users have the same problem trying to print booklets.

Hope this problem is sorted soon

Vic11

HP Recommended

ShlomiL

Any chance of a solution soon or have you given up?

vic11

HP Recommended

Apologies for missing your reply @vic11, will appreciate if you may tag my name in the future using a @ sign.

I would assume the settings of the print driver and the driver settings conflicts, both create a booklet printing and therefore it doubles.

From the Page Setup button of Publisher, please make sure the Publication Type is set as Full Page and in Portrait orientation:

pb.JPG

Now from the print dialog select booklet printing with the correct bunding as you need:

8210.JPG

Please let me know if that helps, from the results, this would be the first cause I could thing to cause a such.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.