Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp 7520
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I bought a 564 black ink cartridge for my hp 7520 printer an a color black cartridge was inside,  of course it will not fit in the black slot. Best Buy will not take it back. Any other options

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The "bow tie" cartridge is called the Photo cartridge.  

The 564 black cartridge has a pentagon on the cartridge but a circle on the box....  The Photo cartridge has a bow tie on the cartridge and a camera on the box. 

The document here may help 

Figure : Photo ink cartridge with camera logo

Image: Photo ink cartridge with camera logo

Figure : Black ink cartridge

Image: Black ink cartridge

Black and Photo cartridges also have different label icons:

Figure : Photo ink cartridge

Image: Photo ink cartridge                  

Are you saying you purchased an HP 564 Black cartridge (in a sealed package) but it had a photo cartridge in the package?  If this was the case then likely someone tampered with the cartridge at the store, or bought the wrong cartridge, then purchased a Black cartridge and returned the Photo cartridge in the Black package.  Do you still have all the original packaging? I would suggest returning the cartridge to the store and ask to speak to the manager. 

The cartridges do have a warranty. The end of warranty date is printed on the cartridges and also on the lower right back side of the package.  Compare the warranty dates on the package with the one on the cartridge.  If the dates are different it would confirm the cartridge was not originally shipped in that package.

If the store manager will not resolve the issue I would suggest you contact HP.  Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/  Enter Product number or select to auto detect (Photosmart 7520).  Fill in the serial number and let the system check the warranty status.  At this point the system will likely indicate your printer is out of warranty.  Scroll down to the bottom of the page and look for a link "Dispute warranty".  Click on this and one of the options would be that you want to call regarding supplies or accessories.  At this point it should provide contact options.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The "bow tie" cartridge is called the Photo cartridge.  

The 564 black cartridge has a pentagon on the cartridge but a circle on the box....  The Photo cartridge has a bow tie on the cartridge and a camera on the box. 

The document here may help 

Figure : Photo ink cartridge with camera logo

Image: Photo ink cartridge with camera logo

Black and Photo cartridges also have different label icons:

Figure : Photo ink cartridge

Image: Photo ink cartridge                  

Are you saying you purchased an HP 564 Black cartridge (in a sealed package) but it had a photo cartridge in the package?  If this was the case then likely someone tampered with the cartridge at the store, or bought the wrong cartridge, then purchased a Black cartridge and returned the Photo cartridge in the Black package.  Do you still have all the original packaging? I would suggest returning the cartridge to the store and ask to speak to the manager. 

The cartridges do have a warranty. The end of warranty date is printed on the cartridges and also on the lower right back side of the package.  Compare the warranty dates on the package with the one on the cartridge.  If the dates are different it would confirm the cartridge was not originally shipped in that package.

If the store manager will not resolve the issue I would suggest you contact HP.  Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/  Enter Product number or select to auto detect (Photosmart 7520).  Fill in the serial number and let the system check the warranty status.  At this point the system will likely indicate your printer is out of warranty.  Scroll down to the bottom of the page and look for a link "Dispute warranty".  Click on this and one of the options would be that you want to call regarding supplies or accessories.  At this point it should provide contact options.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.