Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7822 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Old colour cartridge was running low - cyan was not working - thought it was because of low cartridge

Replaced with brand new cartridge, cyan not printing, ran diagnostic, said clean head, did that, still no cyan, have cleaned 5 times now, no cyan printing. Yellow and magenta ok. 

Cleaned print heads twice more for good measure still no cyan printing - really cranky now!

Any suggestions other than throw away anything HP 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings CazOz,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your HP ENVY PHOTO 7822 AiO Printer.

Please try the steps provided in the document provided within the link provided below

HP ENVY 7800 Printers - Color or Black Ink Not Printing 

If that does not resolve the problem, please reconfirm if the cartridge you purchased is compatible with your printer. See matrix in the link below for compatible cartridges for this printer.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-photo-7800-all-in-one-printer-series/9073159/model/1763...

If this solution helps you resolve the Paper Jam issue, then please do give a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post.

Thank You.

I am an HP employee and am speaking for myself, not for HP
HP Recommended

Thanks Prem_M but I have tried EVERY single thing in the information you sent me.

I've cleaned more than 10 times, I've re aligned, I've reinstalled, I've manually wiped, I've turn on and off, I've reset

The cartridges are genuine HP.

I've tried several brand new genuine cartridges and each time same thing - Cyan does not print.

It is only Cyan the other colours work perfectly - how can this be ??

Need a solution.

HP Recommended

Greetings and noted your input.

Because it is only Cyan, it could be related to the electrical contacts. I am hoping you have cleaned the contacts as well.

if the issue persists, you may need to get the unit serviced by an authorized service center.

I am an HP employee and am speaking for myself, not for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.