01-11-2020 06:32 AM
Was working fine.
Installed new instant ink cartridge, ran alignment task, task completed fine.
Now it prints weird downward curves so that the beginning and end of each line curve down and can't be read clearly.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-13-2020 08:44 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue.
To better assist you -
1) What's the application that you are trying to print from?
2) Are you experiencing this while making a copy as well?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps to reset the printer -
1) Take out the cartridges.
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.
3) Wait for 30 seconds.
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector.
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware. Refer to this document for steps - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
If the issue still persists, please print a Print Quality Diagnostic report and post here. To print the report, follow these steps -
1) Load the printer with plain white paper.
2) On the printer control panel, swipe left on the display, and then touch Setup .
3) Touch Tools.
4) Swipe up on the display, and then touch Print Quality Report.
You may also refer to this document - Print Quality Issues
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee