Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 5255
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi all,

We have a brand new HP Officejet 5255.  We put the inks that came with it in and while colors print, when we tested the machine out on a few colors photos (set to best quality) everything had a green-ish hue to it.  I noticed on the print quality page that the colors are very dull and the "light" versions are identical to the "dark" versions.  I've had plenty of printers and the ink color was much more vibrant.  Saw we needed an alignment and the 2nd attached photo is the alignment page.  Should it not have other color represented?  Is this normal for this machine's alignment page to be blue and black only?  I feel like something is off here but I'm not sure what.  Is the 63 family of inks that different than the rest?

Thanks,

Heather

Print quality page - regular and light colors samePrint quality page - regular and light colors sameAlignment page - no other colors, is this right?Alignment page - no other colors, is this right?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@CDHRC Welcome to HP Community!

I suggest you print a Print Quality Diagnostic report from the printer control panel, and then evaluate the results.

1. Load the printer with plain white paper.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe left on the display, and then touch Setup .

3. Touch Tools.

4. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Print Quality Report.

A Print Quality Diagnostic report prints.

Print Quality Diagnostic report without defects

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 9 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you but the photos I attached were of the print quality and alignment I already did.  The colors of the regular and light sections look identical (no decrease in intensity).   The print alignment is in two colors (I always thought more were used).  I posted those so someone could tell me if that is right - HP ink is now duller in color?

HP Recommended

@CDHRC

Thanks for replying!

For details on alignment process, refer to the document 'Printer Alignment'

If you have already performed the steps from the document Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks all but nobody is actually answering my questions so I'm not going to be able to mark this as resolved.  There are no comments on how the photos look I attached: to confirm or deny the colors are the correct tone and intensity, to confirm or deny that the alignment page is the appropriate coloration (blue and black only is perfect for the 5200 series for example), or said anything aside from telling me to run the same diagnostic tests I've already run.  I'd love to speak to someone about what is happening but phone numbers don't seem overly obvious.

HP Recommended

@CDHRC

I understand your concern. To answer your query on the alignment page, I attached the document 'Printer Alignment'. The alignment page will look like the one in the document.

I shall share the contact details for HP Support in your region via private message. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.