Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 6960
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My brand new HP Officejet Pro 6960 is printing pink instead of blue.  This happens when trying to print a basic blue Excel chart and also on the printer test page (where the HP logo and other parts of the image are all pink instead of blue.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @dflitton,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues while printing from your HP OfficeJet printer. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did you replace the ink cartridge recently?

Have you tried to clean the ink cartridge contacts as well as the rollers?

Are you able to make a copy from the printer?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a hard reset on the printer.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test page and check if it works.

You can try cleaning the cartridge manually and try different levels of automated cleaning to fix the issue. Get detailed steps here: HP OfficeJet Pro 6900 Printers - Fixing Poor Print Quality

The trick is to follow all the steps suggested in the support document.

Please respond to this post with the results of the troubleshooting for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world

Available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @dflitton,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues while printing from your HP OfficeJet printer. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did you replace the ink cartridge recently?

Have you tried to clean the ink cartridge contacts as well as the rollers?

Are you able to make a copy from the printer?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a hard reset on the printer.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test page and check if it works.

You can try cleaning the cartridge manually and try different levels of automated cleaning to fix the issue. Get detailed steps here: HP OfficeJet Pro 6900 Printers - Fixing Poor Print Quality

The trick is to follow all the steps suggested in the support document.

Please respond to this post with the results of the troubleshooting for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world

Available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I ran the printer head cleaning setting.  First time didn't fix the problem but after the second clean it now works fine.

HP Recommended

Hi @dflitton,

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for.
Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.
And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This HP forum is a perfect example of HP professionalism. It seems to be a thing of the past. The website is a poor example for a company involved in computer related activities. First of all it seems to be primarily designed to hawk the instant ink program and when a cartridge number is entered, it goes into an eternal search mode. I( have no use for the instant ink and am only interested in purchasing your ink! I do not like the infinite run around that I get when I am simply intent on the one task.

I log in to your site and am presented with a screen that seems to assume that I am a returning user that seems to have forgotten my password. That is only the beginning as I click in my name and am m presented with anything but what I am looking for. 

Hint!!! Your site is anything but user friendly. I am a retired engineer and am logical minded, bit logic based intuition seems to be counterproductive when attempting to navigate your system. 

Unless you straighten out your website, my next purchase will likely be any brand will be anything but HP!

HP Recommended

I have tried suggestions below, as well as cleaning print heads several times. Still printing magenta instead of blue. What other recommendations do you have?

HP Recommended

@Shuguru

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

If you've already tried the above mentioned troubleshooting, you can try using another set of ink cartridges.

If the issue persists, I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.