Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Officejet Pro 8025. Brand new. From the very first print job from HP computer or iPhone or Copy on the printer, the printer grabs/feeds multiple sheets of paper with the printed page. It is noisy clinking clanking as it feeds sheets. When finished printer says paper tray is open and/or jammed. I have tried resetting the printer power off/on. pulled the plug. The paper is standard 96 bright 20 lb from staples. Paper works perfectly in 25 year old Office Pro 1170cse. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes it is solved. I bought a new HP Pavillion at the same time. After printer setup I initialized the computer.I used the HPsmart printer setup that comes with the computer. I began to print the system information (to go to Best Buy and ask questions)  when it said "refreshing" and updated some system info. Obviously, I did not restart the computer after initial setup and it didn't tell me I needed to do that. Everything works well now. Resart your computer. DUH Windows should have said "RESTART YOUR COMPUTER".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@RichStateColleg

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue with a new unit.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did you get the problem solved? I am having the same issue 

HP Recommended

Yes it is solved. I bought a new HP Pavillion at the same time. After printer setup I initialized the computer.I used the HPsmart printer setup that comes with the computer. I began to print the system information (to go to Best Buy and ask questions)  when it said "refreshing" and updated some system info. Obviously, I did not restart the computer after initial setup and it didn't tell me I needed to do that. Everything works well now. Resart your computer. DUH Windows should have said "RESTART YOUR COMPUTER".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.