Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Tried some unoriginal ink cartridges. It seemed to work normally, but after a while the printer stopped working and showed the error message: "There is a problem with the specified cartridge. Change it".
Unfortunately, a switch to original HP cartridges has not solved the problem.
Where on the HP website can I find the drivers that fix the problem?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@robert_elbrond

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. 

I reviewed the case regarding issues with the printer. I will be delighted to assist you here.  

Follow this document which will provide you step by step instructions. By the end of the document I'm sure the issue would be resolved. 🙂  

This should do the trick for you.Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer.

I followed the recommended procedure twice, thoroughly. Unfortunately without the desired result.

So, what's next?

Robert

HP Recommended

@robert_elbrond

This look's like an issue with the printer itself.

In this case, I'd request you to contact HP's support team for further assistance.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp
Step 2. Sign in / sign in as a guest
Step 3. Enter the product number or select to auto detect
Step 4. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 5. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you but I believe you have sent this to the wrong person. I am communicating with TrinitySoMe. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for answering.

I will certainly try that.

What do you mean by “an issue with the printer itself”? A mechanical error?

Robert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.