Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Samsung Laptop NP740U5M
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Because my HP Office Jet 6700 Premium died after 5 years, I bought 8 days ago a new HP OfficeJet Pro 8035.

I have Windows 10 with latest update. Set it up per HP instructions, including with HP software from 123.hp.com. After setup completed, it printed very well a Printer Status Report. Scanning documents to computer worked well. Test printed successfully a picture from file, theater tickets and a scanned sheet. That was it!

Have not been able since to print any document from file (PDF), an e-mail, scanned document or directly from the glass.  As soon as printing starts, it shoots out rapidly and non-stop page after page, each showing one, two or three lines with a random mixture of letters, symbols  and characters, or only one symbol at the left, center or right edge of the sheet.    I run several times the HP Diagnostics and Fixing program - results were always "Diagnosis complete and no issues found".   I uninstalled and reinstalled the software, I reset 3 times the printer to factory settings with no success .  Even reusing those misprinted sheets, I must have wasted some 50. 

I tried to use the online support - useless.  I read some of the postings in the community, but could not find anyone coming close to my issues.   May be someone in the community had a similar experience, solved it and might share it so I can do some additional troubleshooting and hopefully get it to print properly.  Otherwise, I will have to return the printer to the Best Buy store where I bought it.  I badly need a working printer. Thank you in advance for your attention.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@deberh

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's try to do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer.

Once done, please download and install the software from here:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.  After spending two ours on the HP Tech Support Chat, one hour of which was waiting ("Your tech support will be with you shortly"), I spend another hour chatting with the HP tech. I went through several steps (all of them were in your reply), and the conclusion was that the printer had a hardware defect and I should return it.  I did exactly that and, since I needed urgently a printer to do work that was waiting for almost one week, I bought another printer, but this time not from HP.

Thank you again for replying to my concerns.

HP Recommended

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.