Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have a problem with my beloved printer) HP Photosmart C5280 broken piece (PC +10 GF) and specifically small plastic gear.
In this part got 3 gear , so that broke which is in the middle and attached to a metal shaft.
Where can I find these parts, or you can send me the item by mail?
I do not want to throw away the printer because of this very little damage.

Broken parts.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry to hear your printer broke. Unfortunately these parts aren't available at the Part Store. One option would be contact HP Support to see what deal they can offer you on a new printer?

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

I do not understand why your company is not responding to my post!
On the other messages that were created after me ,you answer !

HP Recommended

@Igoriok wrote:

I do not understand why your company is not responding to my post!
On the other messages that were created after me ,you answer !

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum. This is a peer to peer community for customers to connect and share solutions on their HP consumer products. If you have direct feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

If you have other questions and concerns, please feel free to send me a private message.

HP Recommended

Sorry to hear your printer broke. Unfortunately these parts aren't available at the Part Store. One option would be contact HP Support to see what deal they can offer you on a new printer?

HP Recommended

Thank you for the answer I will try to negotiate through the HP Services

HP Recommended

You're welcome

🙂

HP Recommended

I called the customer service and spoke about the issue, they all advised throw out it a broken my printer in bin!!, I can,t believe it because of the plastic gears for 1 p. should throw my favorite printer!!!! :HalfEyes:

HP Recommended

Igoriok,

I have the exact same gear broken on my printer (but it is 5580) My gear was stripped out in the center and then a tooth broke off...it is the same black platic center gear...I even tried to epoxy it together but it did not hold...have you found a solution yet?...

I received no help from HP...

Ben

HP Recommended

Hi searcy66,

I understand you have a broken gear on your Photosmart C5580 printer. I will do my best to help you with this.

With the broken piece you have on your printer, it is not a replaceable part as Ciara_B has stated earlier in this thread. The best option for you now is to call HP Tech Support for your area and inquire about the trade in and trade up program.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

HP6500 FOURM 12-6-2014

Your broken gear comes from the left side of the printer (your right facing the front).  That gear can be replaced if you are handy with model making.   I may have a gear blank that can be machined to fit that transfer gear set if you can supply me the dimensions of the gear.  I do not know if your gear is the same as the ones on the aio 6500a plus, 710n. 

Dimensions needed to see if I can supply gear are:

1. Measurement in inches of the outside diameter of the teeth AND number of teeth.
  2. Inside diameter of the teeth root ( items 1, 2, will help determine the pitch diameter)
  3. The shaft diameter hole (should be 0.1875 inches). The gear press fits on the metal splined shaft.
  4. Measured distance between the shaft gear and the driven gear center (the one that turns the white gear) that moves the parking/ink catch tray.
  5. Thickness of the gear at the teeth and hub (if any)

My concerns:

You show the drive shaft completely taken out of the printer- how was that done?  You may have destroyed something else taking that out so replacing the gear may not solve the issue.

Cost of replacement may be more than you willing to invest in repairing that printer.

Comments:

I cleaned out all the goo from partially dried ink from the ink catch tray, fixed my transfer gear drive and the printer worked fine for about 50 sheets. ( It takes quite a number of prints to get the ink flow properly after cleaning the print head)  Put it back into service and the paper pic (bulk paper feeder) started to randomly then totally fail to feed.  That paper pic-part is being investigated now.  Total life time printed pages about 5600

Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.