Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have a C5280 and the gears are in-tact but the hole into which one of the gears seats is broken.  I have replaced the printer.  If you want the C5280 or want it broken down for parts, let me know.  If nobody wants it I'm afaid that I will have to chuck it.

I have the original box and can send it if you are willing to pay for the shipping.

HP Recommended

I think that is an abysmal answer. HP creates a print with plastic gear parts, and does not sell the parts. However you can get a deal at HP Support for a new printer.

Everyone with the carriage JAM problem that is not really jammed at all. You problem is the a part PC+10GF is broken in some way. HP is trying to force you to buy another printer because they do not want to carry a stock of parts.

I suggest you call your [Moderator edited comment]

The part PC+10GF is plastic which will guarntee that it will wear out over time. Fixing it is simple for anyone who can use a screwdriver. Yet HP are so arrogant that they can do anything they want, they will give you a deal on a new Photosmart C5280, instead of selling a small and cheap plastic part.

All you need to do to fix this is remove two screws pry off the right side of the printer cover and most likely the part will fall off. fitting a new one is just to push it on until it clicks, and put the side pnel back one and replace the screws.

Do not .[Moderator edited comment]

HP Recommended

Any ideas on how to fix the problem I have got?

The small middle gear is ok as are the two others, except the splines on it have worn down and now the metal shaft just spins in place.

Thanks for all your good info.

HP Recommended

Did you solve the problem with PC+10GF. I have a similar problem, so much would help me your suggestion.

HP Recommended

on the (pc+10gf) problem...there are other companies that make great copiers and not expensive at all i just ordered a brother all in onefor59 dollers brand new on amazon.don't knock urself out with this b/s...

HP Recommended

This is a shame. HP KNOWS that this part is faulty, Ive found several other posts with the SAME EXACT ISSUE...

but, the difference is the Model. The model myself and others have is the HP J8640 but it has the SAME part and the part number you gave matched. So it is the identical part.

Your image was the best image ive seen, it confirmed that there is in fact 3 gears and the one I found inside of my printer just sitting on the bottom of the printer only has 2. which means, the other gear was either worn off because I cant find it inside my printer.

this is sad that there only suggestion is that you call HP so that they can sell you another HP printer for such a SMALL part.

had I known about this, I would have not purchased this printer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/HP-J6480-Officejet-All-In-One-False-Paper-Jam-Broken-Ge...

HP J6480 BROKEN GEAR.jpg

HP Recommended

Correction, it is not the same exact part in the J6480 but it is a very simular part which means its the SAME issue that others are having with other models of HP printers.

HP Recommended

The part that contains the three gears came off the printer.  I am trying to find out how to adjust it.  It raises the print head for printing cd's and it moves the stuff under the print head back and forth so that the print cartidges can be removed.

And???   I just need to know how to adjust the various things that it moves.  thanks for any help

HP Recommended

Hello,

I know this is an old message but I was hoping that you could help me. I have taken my printer apart and discovered that the gear in the clutch drive is not only stripped, but cracked. I cannot tell how many teeth were on the inside because it is stripped. Outside of that the printer is perfect. I still have tons of ink and don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water. I would obviously be happy to pay for the part, wherever I may find it. Thank you very much. I really appreciate any help that can be offered. As you can see I am re-using the original picture, since mine is the same broken gear.original.jpg

Have a great day.

Take care,

Melody aka 800mph

HP Recommended

Hi@Igoriok,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that there are some broken parts with your HP product. 

Through research, I found that the part broken on your printer is not customer replaceable.

Hence, HP will not be able to send replacements.

For further assistance, you can still reach phone support using the link below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Hope this answers you the question.

Please reply for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.