Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm not sure if you were responding to my message as your's was addressed to someone else. The gear that is broken is replaceable by me. I just need the gear. If you were in fact responding to me I understand that HP’s stance is it is kinda’ just too bad, so sad. I will try to buy an old printer and cannibalize it for the part I need. I really appreciate any information, so thank you.

Thank you very much and have a great day. 🙂 

Take care,

Melody aka 800mph

HP Recommended

Hi@800mph,

Thank you for your reply.

I understand the knowledge you have in fixing the printers.

Due to various reasons from technical knowledge quotient of the customer and also from the business perspective, not all parts cannot be made as customer replaceable.

I wish you luck to find the right printer for a donor part required.

Hope the above information provides an explanation about the probable cause of the not able to provide replaceable parts

Let me know for more

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Unable to properly adjust the gear.  I scrapped the printeer

HP Recommended

A possible solution I am persuing is to have the gear 3D printed. I found a file that I thought was suitable and organised the printing with 3D HUBS. Unfortunately the file was just a litlle bit out and the gear does not fit tight enough onto the spindle. Other than that i am convinced that it would have worked. I am continuing to search for the correct file and am even looking at creating one myself using the 3D Builder app.

HP Recommended

I found the part online but it is the whole clutch, not just the gear. I am trying to see if I can buy just the gear.  This is on Ebay. I just bought one for $19.00. I hope this helps. 

• Clutch-Drive-Gear-Kit-for-HP-OfficeJet-6000-6500-6500A-7000-7110-Printer-Parts
Have one to sell? Sell now
Clutch Drive Gear Kit for HP OfficeJet 6000 6500 6500A 7000 7110 Printer Parts
HP Recommended

Hi@800mph,

Thanks for the reply.

Since you are able to find the entire clutch assembly,

I would suggest you replace the entire part, avoiding any part failure in the future.

Hope the above information provides a clarification on the doubt.

Let me know for more

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Your answer is unacceptable!  I for one will never purchase any HP products ever again.  You and another HP employee have  put out the same misinformation on this tiny 2 dollar item  by saying we should throw away a $500 printer over this part. This is totally unacceptable and HP should be ashamed of putting out such a defective product. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.